Apple Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
A sweet summer delight, with a lovely contrast of sour rhubarb. To change things up, try using sour cherries if you have them!
Write a review
- 2 cups Gala apples peeled & sliced
- 1 cup Strawberries, hulled & sliced
- 2 cups Rhubarb, chopped
- 3/4 cup Coconut Palm Sugar**, divided
- 1 Tbsp Tapioca Starch or Flour
- 1/2 cup Oat Flour*
- 1/4 cup Sorghum Flour
- 3/4 cup Quick Oats
- 3/4 cup Large Flake Oats
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil or Margarine
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place all fruit in a 9" X 11" glass baking dish.
- Stir in 1/4 cup Coconut Palm Sugar and Tapioca Starch.
- In a medium bowl, stir together oat flour, sorghum flour, oats, remaining sugar, and cinnamon.
- Cut coconut oil or margarine into dry mixture with a pastry blender.
- Spoon crumble over fruit, sealing edges, if possible.
- Bake in centre of preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, or until fruit is bubbly and crumble is golden brown.
- Serve warm with Coconut Ice Cream ...
- *Make your own Oat Flour by grinding oats in a food processor.
- **Use Brown Sugar if you don't have Coconut Palm Sugar.
Yoga with Nicole http://nicolearacki.com/