Hearty, satisfying & healthy as heaven!
Write a review
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 - 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 4 carrots, peeled & sliced
- 2 small potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup pot or pearl barley
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups hot water
- 1 Tbsp Better Than Bouillon
- 1 Tbsp ground mushrooms*
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp freshly grated turmeric root (or 1/2 tsp ground)
- Place coconut oil to a large pot and set over medium-low heat.
- Add onion and saute till translucent.
- Add carrots & potatoes and stir occasionally until potatoes start to stick quite a bit.
- Add barley, lentils & garlic & stir to combine.
- Add 1/2 cup of hot water and stir up stuck bits from bottom of pot.
- Add remaining hot water & Better Than Bouillon. Stir.
- Turn heat to medium-high and bring to a boil.
- Add ground mushrooms, salt, pepper and turmeric.
- Reduce to a simmer. Cook and stir occasionally for 40 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and barley is cooked.
- If you can't get your hands on dried, ground mushrooms, add 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms to other veggies for the saute.
Yoga with Nicole http://nicolearacki.com/