Sorghum Mango Salad
A sweet & unique salad for Energy!
Write a review
- 1 cup Sorghum
- 3 cups water
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/3 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/3 cup jicama, peeled & finely chopped
- 1/4 Red onion, diced
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn (thawed)
- 1 1/2 cups canned black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup Grapeseed Oil
- 1 - 2 Tbsp Liquid Honey
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Rinse sorghum under cold water, then place in a medium pot with 3 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil, then cover & simmer for 40-50 minutes, or sorghum is tender.
- Drain & set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cucumber, carrot, jicama, onion & mango & beans.
- Heat a non stick pan over medium high heat. Add corn & toss occasionally until corn begins to brown or char slightly.
- Add corn and sorghum to veggies & stir well.
- Remove half the peel from your lemon. Slice & remove seeds.
- In a blender (Nutri-bullet rocks!) combine lemon, oil, honey & seasonings. Blend until completely smooth. Add more seasonings or honey to taste.
- Pour over salad & stir well. Enjoy!
Yoga with Nicole http://nicolearacki.com/