Vegetable Soup *GF + Vegan
Quick & healthy!
Write a review
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 large potato, chopped
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 6 cups hot water
- 1 Tbsp Better Than Bouillon
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1-2 stalks kale, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped
- Optional: frozen peas & corn to taste
- Heat Coconut oil in a large pot over medium-low heat.
- Saute Onions for 5 minutes, or till translucent.
- Add carrots & celery - saute another 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, stirring occasionally - allow potatoes to begin sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- When potatoes begin to smell like french fries, add 1/4 cup of the hot water to deglaze the pot - stirring up stuck bits with a wooden spoon.
- Add red lentils, bouillon & remaining spices.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and turn heat to low.
- Simmer 45 minutes.
- Add kale & tomatoes. Cook 20 minutes more.
- If desired, add corn & peas to soup. Enjoy!
Yoga with Nicole http://nicolearacki.com/